Old 24-03-2006, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg

Default Help on pond liner please...

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 12:07:25 +0000, smileygonzo1961
wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am looking to replace my pond liner which is about 11ft by 11ft by
5ft deep, and I have no idea what to do. Having checked the Internet I
can see lots of types of liners e.g. PVC, Butyl etc but as I have no
experience whatsoever I am not sure what I need....

I would like a decent liner with some longevity, can anyone recommend a
good quality pond liner either type of material or manufacturer and also
where is the best place to purchase the liner e.g. on line or at a
shop.

Any help much appreciated.

kind regards,
Richard

I'm planning to dig a pond this year, and butyl will be my choice.
Remember that you need a piece (width + twice depth + a bit for edges)
wide, and (length + twice depth + a bit for edges) long, which in your
case is probably about 7 metres square (but don't take my word for
it!), and which will weigh getting on for 50 kg if you get the 1mm
thick grade (i.e. about 1kg/sq.m).

--
Chris