Old 24-03-2006, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default Rosebay Willowherb

"K" wrote in message
edricdegus writes

Please does anyone know of any garden centre where I can buy
Rosebay/Fireweed seeds from?

I think there's a white flowered one which is certainly available as
plants from garden centres, maybe seed. Epilobium is the latin name. I'd
be quite surprised if you could find the wild one for sale since it is so
invasive. I'd be glad to send you seeds later in the year. Could probably
even send you roots now.

--
Kay

Yes I have seen and bought the white variety. It does not really resemble
the big pink job. It's a small plant,semi-evergreen and spreads slowly into
a wiry clump. Not invasive but IMO not a good substitute for the big pink
un.
Perhaps there is a big white one somewhere.