Old 13-03-2003, 07:08 PM
JimS.

Default S&W Greenhouse Roses

"Julie" wrote in message
om...

Can't wait to execute Angel Face, but it won't die.

Mine (an Edmund's bare root from my first batch, 2000 I guess) is
languishing in a pot--looked at it the other day and there are jaunty
little sprigs of new growth all along its cane. Cane, singular.

Pathetic
rose. I thought it was just me. A guy at Gardenweb grows a gorgeous

one in
Atlanta, I think it is. Huge and full of flowers. In ATLANTA. Even I
shudder to think of what chemicals he must have to use.

Yeah, I saw some braggart in Texas with a five footer. Beautiful, and
not the climber either. I wanted to puke. But I thought it might be the
heat. Don't you have hot summers? Or maybe it only likes Baptists?
Clean living? Who knows. It rusts here.

AF isn't any better here. Had one cane for years and canker for two
years now, but just won't die. It isn't heat that it likes, maybe it
is Baptists, could be clean living, but I doubt it.
As soon as my new roses are ready for the ground this one's going
away. I've wasted to much time and energy on it already.

Well, based on these anecdotal experiences, the color pics on
Helpmefind.com that look Lavender; and my patented JimS.T standardized
naming convention, Angel Face is hereby dubbed an ILLPoS. (Insignificant
Little Lavender Piece of S***)

JimS.
Seattle