Old 24-03-2006, 09:17 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Frogs

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:49:55 -0400, Derek Broughton wrote:

You have to realize, Jan's not talking about "croaking" frogs. She's got
Pacific Tree Frogs. You have a little grey Tree Frog that is probably
similar, but I only ever saw one, and I certainly never had more than a
couple at a time (outside St. Thomas).

Have you ever heard an American Toad trilling? It goes for maybe 5 seconds.
Now, raise that pitch an octave, and maintain it for 30-60 seconds at a
time. It's loud, and potentially annoying. If you get half a dozen of
them outside your window it could drive you crazy.

Naaa, by that time you've got white noise, easy to sleep to. What wakes you
up is when they all stop at once, dead silence.

However, Jan's neighbors are apparently already crazy :-)

????? I hope you're mean crazy in that they did not talk to or write me a
note, and not crazy because they live near me? ~ jan
~ jan/WA
Zone 7a