Old 25-03-2006, 01:51 AM posted to rec.ponds
George

Default Shubunkin health advice

wrote in message
I have a 5-6 year old Shubunkin that has become listless and sits just
below the surface and hardly moves - drift would probably be best
description.

I can't see any signs of disease on it but am concerned by its
behaviour, the other fish are ok.

Any advice please? I wouldn't want to lose him if there is something I
could do.

thanks

Bob (UK)

Could be an internal bacterial infection or else there is something in the
water. Has it been eating normally or not? Are its gills and mouth area
blood red or else inflamed? If so, it needs to be quarantined and treated
with antibiotics. If not, you may want to check all your water parameters.
I think Jan has a sick fish form posted here in the newsgroup you can fill
out that might help you diagnose the problem. Good luck and keep us
posted.

George