Old 24-03-2006, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default bamboo as a screen-anyone tried it?

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Rupert" wrote

What you need is a clump forming bamboo as against bamboo that spreads
by sending out long runners which fire up at a distance from the
plant.
Fargesia murielae is one of the most popular because it is relatively
well behaved.

The only Bamboo I have the shows any signs of running is Sasa and I
was warned that this really is invasive and should be avoided. I am
still waiting with fear and trepidation:-)

This site gives a good explanation of the different habits of bamboo.
http://www.bamboosourcery.com/catalog.cfm?print=1

Thanks, that looks very useful.

You'll let us know if you need us to have a whip round for a machete for
you at Xmas, won't you?

--
Sue

My Christmas fare is fairly traditional but this year it may include bamboo
shoots :-)