Old 24-03-2006, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default bamboo as a screen-anyone tried it?

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"p.k." wrote
Rupert wrote:
I do vaguely remember that summer--seems decades ago .
Message understood. I guess you gave them the absolute best growing
conditions by providing a cool moist root run.
Do you know the names of those two varieties? Phyllostachys aurea
something? and Phlyllostachys nigra perhaps.

Yep the basic P.aurea & P.nigra.

I made them very happy - or rather, they died happy!

They may well take over the UK in a few years then, as all the designers
on those makeover programmes seem to include one or the other - or
both - in fairly small back gardens!

--
Sue

Yes they will probably outdo the tree ferns .
I noticed on the Stam bamboo site that there is a very dwarf variety which
can be used as a lawn.
Not all is lost . They do die (50-100 years)