Old 24-03-2006, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Drier conditions & water restrictions - what to do?

VX wrote:
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 19:16:21 +0000, VX wrote
(in message m):

My first thought was (and still is)- how can I bath without using
soap?

Er, what I mean is, I wonder if there is way? This may not be a
profitable avenue to explore but it would be great if there was some
sort of alternative. I hate the idea of wasting all that water just
because I've contaminated it by washing with soap in it....

Actually, we use soap far too much. I once lived on intimate terms with
a family who only ever used soap for hands and emergencies. They did use
deodorant, though sparingly, and were all as sweet as nuts, and had
lovely skin. It was interesting to see the way water behaved on the
children: it went into well-defined globules, as on waterproofed cloth.
I don't suppose it would take too long for our skins to get back to
normal if we gave up soap for bathing.

--
Mike.