Old 25-03-2006, 04:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
Jim Carlock

Default Janet Baraclough

"madgardener" wrote:
snipinformation denying viral attachements/snip

Hiya,

(1) Hard to tell what your name is from your signature. :-)
(2) Even the best virus scanners do not detect everything.
(3) All of the virus scanners in the world cannot detect that you have
not installed ALL of the Microsoft updates.
(4) Microsoft builds software with open holes in it so even IF you
have no virus, all Microsoft operating systems are a viral, trojanus,
insecure systems themselves. shrug Take that as you like it, but it's
pretty much the truth. For instance, IF you have NetBIOS running
as a network protocol on any network adapter, people can easily
get your password. Only one particular software that I know of
REQUIRED NetBEUI/NetBIOS (ACT, some kind of overpriced
contact management software, perhaps it requires it not any longer).

To madgardener, create your contact list as a group name and then
then BCC everyone in the list. That way when you mass email you
send it to the group name, the people receiving the email see it as
being sent to the group name and do not see the email addresses
that you mailed out to. This prevents others from mailing out to your
clients and it prevents others from claiming that YOU mailed trojan,
viral software to them.

If you need some help setting up the group name configured, post a
message back and I'll see what I can do to help out. I'm familiar with
how to do it via Outlook Express and I imagine it works in pretty
much the same way for other email clients, but it seems you use OE
as well, so I think we'll be right on target there.

Jim Carlock
Post replies to the group.