Old 25-03-2006, 02:41 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett

Default What do you feed your orchids?

I'm using 'Bill's Best' fertilizer from Bill Thoms of bulbophyllum fame.
and I'm adding some seaweed extract (available at any garden center) and a
bit of iron. Personally out of all that i feel (no science involved) that
the seaweed extract has done the most difference.

Failing all that rigamarole, if one used a pelletized fertilizer, something
like nutricoat, one would get a benefit.

K Barrett

"Jack" wrote in message
oups.com...
I been reading some of the online articles on what to give your
orchids, I understand that it varies by what medium you have them in,
but I was wondering what others fed their orchids

I am currently giving mine Superthrive, gubler orchid food (19-8-16 +
1%Mg, .01 B, .05 Cu, .1 Fe, .5 Mg, .005 Mo, .05 Zn) Pure blend (7%
humic acid). with tap water (glacer run off - they bottle the muni
water and sell it to tourist visiting Alaska)

All my orchids seem to be doing well (except for the 2 ******* childern
in my previos post)

I would love to know what others are feeding their orchids.

Jack