Old 25-03-2006, 09:43 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default Shubunkin health advice

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 01:51:03 GMT, "George"
wrote:

Thanks George,

I put it in a container with salt bath for the day keeping a careful
eye on it and returned to pond last night as I had nothing to aerate
the water. Expecting the worst this morning I was happy to see it
swimming around and not lingering on the surface. It's not as lively
as the others - but significantly better than yesterday.

rgds

Bob

Could be an internal bacterial infection or else there is something in the
water. Has it been eating normally or not? Are its gills and mouth area
blood red or else inflamed? If so, it needs to be quarantined and treated
with antibiotics. If not, you may want to check all your water parameters.
I think Jan has a sick fish form posted here in the newsgroup you can fill
out that might help you diagnose the problem. Good luck and keep us
posted.

George