Old 25-03-2006, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg

Default Help on pond liner please...

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 23:42:10 +0000, Joan Riley
wrote:

You say the butyl is very heavy, June. We have an unlined pond here
which is a good 20ft by 30ft, full at the moment but we've been told
it dries out over the summer, so we'd like to put a Butyl liner in.
Could two oldish fittish people manhandle something that size or would
it be too heavy?

Joan in Ayrshire

Is it a good idea to line a natural pond? Presumably it normally fills
in winter by seepage in from the surrounding soil / water table. If
you put in a liner, isn't there a danger that this seepage will lift
the liner and just make a 'pond' underneath it? I'm not suggesting it
would; I have no idea, I'm just asking the question.

Incidentally, assuming your pond is about 3 ft deep, I reckon your
liner would weigh around 90 kg (see my other post in this thread)!

--
Chris