Old 25-03-2006, 10:19 PM posted to rec.gardens
armyguy

Default Does anyone have expeirence starting bulbs inside

well, when I went down stairs (the "crawl space" gotta love alaska) I
found that all my tulip and related bulbs had been attacked by
something that looked like a fat brown aphid, I have lost at least half
of them and guess that the garden will be of daffodils as those seem
the only thing that survived.

I took the bulbs, shed the skins to get at the bug then sprayed them
down with neem oil. Hope it works.

Jack
P.s. it's easier to get to the heart by going under the ribcage at the
sternal notch, however you will need at least a 2 1/2" blade and "push
Hard"

An "S" cut is more preferred than twisting but they both do thier job