Old 25-03-2006, 10:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Richard Miller

Default Sprinkler System

No Dwayne, It will be in the Dallas Texas area, so that won't be a problem.
Tweaking the system will be an art so not to jack up my water bill. It rains
5 times more there than Phoenix which is where I'm at now. I had a $153
water bill one month because I'm out there like a fool hand watering
everything everyday in July and having a great old time until my water bill
came so now I have to learn how to set the system to just get enough water
for everything.

Richard

"Dwayne" wrote in message
I dont know where your located, but winter may be a concern. My sprinkler
requires me to shut off the water, open the drain valve, then open all the
sprinkler valves. That allows the water to drain out of the lines so they
wont freeze and burst. In in USDA zone 5, Kansas.

Dwayne

"Richard Miller" wrote in message
I'm buying a new house with a half acre lot and it comes fully sodded.
They want $3700 for a Sprinkler System. I think that's to much. So after
they put in the 20,000 square feet of sod I will have to go and lift up
the sod and not only put in my water sprinkler system but I will run
extra PVC pipes for my drip system that they won't put in. So I'm going
to kill two birds with one stone. I will hire labors for 6 or 7 dollars
an hour. This way I can do it like I want and for my personal needs. I
know a little about sprinkler systems. I'm fairly smart so I can learn as
I go. I'll run two PVC pipes in each trench, one for the sprinklers and
one for the drip. So what advice can you give me? Are there any good
books out there?

Thank You
Richard Miller