Old 26-03-2006, 05:23 PM
garden-addicted garden-addicted is offline
Registered User

Location: Derbyshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyofix
What confuses me is whether the hosepipe ban could ever apply to a hosepipe
that is connected only to a water butt that contains water that I put there
myself, ie that I recycled, or rainwater that I diverted from the roof rather
than allowing it to go straight into the drain. Surely they can't stop me
using a hose (or an underground irrigation system connected by a hose) with
that? They way they say it on the TV makes it sound like you can't use a hose
at all no matter where you obtained the water from, and that can't be quite
right, surely.
I am sure that the ban cannot relate to water that you have stored yourself, even if you did use a hosepipe connected to the butt.

We ran tests recently on a water butt pump and the pressure supplied by the pump appeared to be as high, if not higher than that of the water mains. Very easy to use as well, just drop it into the water butt, connect a hose and plug the pump in.

Take a look...
http://www.garden4less.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=WBP1

We also connected it to a large automatic watering system and it ran great.