Old 26-03-2006, 04:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default How to keep dogs off my container plants??

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Doug Kanter" contains these words:

Reciprocal arrangements - I like that! Here's one: When dog owners
license
their little pets, they should be required to provide a DNA sample from
the
dog, and depost $1000.00 into an escrow account which we normal people
can
draw on when we need to have our carpets cleaned or replaced because your
beasts crapped on our lawns. Now we're talking personal responsibility!

Don't people take personal responsibility for protecting their own
carpets by checking their own shoes when they come in from the garden
(for mud, grass, water or oil, as well as dog dirt). ?

Janet

When I come home from "the outside world", of course I check my shoes, or
more likely, remove them. On my own property, there is never spilled oil. If
I'm gardening and it's muddy, I adjust my behavior. That's MY choice.

Janet, you're a smart lady. Here's a statement:

"I want to go outside at midnight, wander around my yard, look at the stars,
and see if the moonflowers have opened".

Please tell me what I said in that sentence. It's an exercise of sorts.