Old 26-03-2006, 07:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Alan Fraser

Default What newsreaders do people use?

On 2006-03-22 17:28:39 -0500, Martin said:

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:39:50 +1000, Dave Gillingham said...

Thanks for that. I had no trouble finding text newsgroups. But I
couldn't find
abpo?

Hi Dave,

Google only provides access to text newsgroups so that's why you can't find the
ABPO group.

If your ISP's news server doesn't carry ABPO, you would need to setup
an account
with a newsgroup provider.

I've used several over the years, but have been very happy with the Newsguy.com
service. They have accounts that cost as little as $3/month, and most of them
include mailboxes so you don't have to post with your ISP/personal email
addresses.

You can connect to them with any newsreader (OE, Agent, etc.) and they
also have
a web browser interface similar to Googles. Just my $.02

Martin

I didn't see a mention of Unison from Panic Software. It's Mac only.
--
Alan Fraser
http://myducksoup.com/orchids/