Old 26-03-2006, 08:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Default What do you feed your orchids?

I am pretty new with orchids and find all these postings helpful. Right
now I avoid Urea N, have some fish extract and seaweed extract, Using a
Orchid fert. with micros galore and serving all this up in a very weak
solution, a little less than 1/2 the recommended. Who knows, it may
work.
My big problems have been pots and plant stakes as I am using SemiHydro
and that makes tall plants top heavy. Plastic pots are simply not heavy
enough. So, I am using Epoxy to glue the clay saucer to the clay pot. I
drill the pot or grind out a pathwayfor the water to drain from pot to
saucer. I also Epoxy a plant support rod (#10 solid copper wire) to the
pot for a plant support. You can see that this is not for a production
operation but it has been fun. Hope it works. At least my plants don't
blow over with every passing breeze and I can see that the clay pot is
wet or dry!
Julysun in Baytown TX