Old 26-03-2006, 03:35 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Lawn Mower Won't Crank

norman wrote:
"Larry R Harrison Jr" wrote in message
It was merely a gas issue--as in it was OUT of gas. I tried dumping the

old
gas out and there was barely a couple of tablespoons in the tank. Put in

the
new gas, and after a little sputtering to get the new gas through the
system, it works fine now.

Gee Larry, are you sure you're qualified to operate that equipement?

I was wondering that myself after hearing that the lawn mower wouldn't
crank. First thing I'm thinking is the engine is seized and he can't
pull the cord. Then when he went on to talk about "it stays cranked",
well that answered the question.

For reference, the term cranking, came from the early days of
automobiles, where a hand crank was used to start them. Cranking is
just getting the engine to turn, in an attempt to start it. It has
nothing to do with whether it fires or continues to run.