Old 26-03-2006, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan

Default Manure - Any tips?

Is there any indication of how long it takes such chemicals to become
harmless when stored in rotting manure?! Kate has certainly raised a
very important point there, it seems to me.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

I have to admit that I do not know how long it takes the chemicals to
break down, wormers are used 2/3 times a year and one little mare is on
hormones so it is probably quite a lethal mixture. I keep any of those
dropping`s separate and the straw is burnt, the resulting compost is
used on my own flower garden, if anyone wants any I make sure that they
have been told and it is up to them.

kate