Old 13-03-2003, 09:45 PM
Sam Williams

Default [IBC] propogating beech/birch from seed

I would say birch. Birch have little cone like things. Beeches have
triangular nuts within the spiked "container". Can't you take a cutting or
an air layer of it? That way you could get a small forest in the making
pretty quickly. But I dont know how easily/readily birches go from cuttings,
or even air layer. If you were to do an air layer you would first need your
neighbors permission, then do it in the summer, when the leaves are hardened.
Hope I helped, maybe someone else can fill you in on the details of how
birches, if that what you have, can be propogated that way.

Sam

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++