Old 26-03-2006, 09:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
MFLyons

Default Plumeria Issue

I have never tried growing one indoors, but I have some in both the front
and back yard here in central Florida. They go leafless for part of the year
.. Ours are just starting to leaf out now. It is possible that longer days
(more light) or higher temperatures trigger leaf production. If yours is
still firm, I wouldn't worry about it. I would think you are more likely to
cause problems by over watering rather than under watering. Harry P. Leu
gardens in Orlando has theirs in their "arid garden" with the cactus and
succulents.

"sherwindu" wrote in message
I started a Plumeria as an indoor plant from a stick purchased in
Florida. Here in the
midwest, it quickly developed leaves last year. After about a year, the
plant dropped all it's leaves. I had this experience earlier with
another Plumeria which came back with leaves, but later eventually died
for some unknown reason. The current plant still looks alive but the
lower 3 feet of this 4 feet plant looks very inactive with a hardened
outer surface. Should I wait and see if it leafs out anyway, or is it
better to cut off this bottom portion and replant the top section as a
cutting as I did with the original stick?