Old 27-03-2006, 01:04 AM posted to rec.ponds
Richard Sexton

Default To Compost or Not to Compost

In article ,
~ janj wrote:
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:27:29 +0000 (UTC), (Richard
Sexton) wrote:

Geez Ingrid is everything you post wrong?

In "Encyclopedia of the water lily" by Charles O Masters
it's suggested you use manure,

Yeee-ow, you use manure, you get green pond. Been there, done that. My
ponds were ready for St. Pat's day that year. I'd only redone 2 pots,
pulled them out, used my unadulterated sandy soil, clear pond in 2 days,
thanks to a good filter. ~ jan ;o)

You seal it with fine beach sand. I use it in aquariums.

http://images.aquaria.net/tanks/rjs/tk-1/

This tank has had manure under the 3" of beach sand for 7 years.

Some poeple get green water without manure, but it's possible to
use it and not have green water.

The net is great and all but books are still good. Masters book has
lots of pictutes of great and clear ponds with manute in the lily
pots.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net