Old 26-03-2006, 11:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Advice on Suitable climbers

MadCow wrote:
In message , Jeanne Stockdale
writes
Have just spent the day very very severely cutting back some
climbing roses which had got completely out of hand. Unfortunately
we are now left with a blank wall to look at.

Although the roses will, hopefully, recover in time I would like to
put some other climbers in and would welcome some suggestions. .
Ideally, would like something evergreen and fast growing. We are in
South Cheshire and the wall faces West

Ivy is evergreen and fast growing.
If I was you I'd plant something else.

I tremble to think of anything which might cover the fence faster than
the roses you've just encouraged by pruning them.

--
Mike.