Old 13-03-2003, 09:57 PM
350X_Rider

Default Pruning Plants - wandering a bit

I'm probably going to be ordering some different bulbs, I've got
the 6500k bulbs right now...

Really, why so? I was thinking of getting 6500k-or-so bulbs to replace or
add to my 5300k's which I think are little too "yellowy."

Mine have more green or yellow look to them.... I had some holey rock in
there, and that helped brighten up and take some green away... but
eventually, the rock got just enough of a green tinge from algae that the
whole tank looked yellowish, or green... so I replaced the rock with a nice
peice of driftwood that had been soaking for 3 months... keeps from
leeching.... and now it's almost.. to me... perfect, except it has the
tendancy to look yellow... depending if there is ambient light in the
room.... if there is a good white light source nearby, your tank will look
yellow....

I'm trying to find something that has more red in the spectrum and less
yellow and green.... besides I just read where the red spectrum helps plants
grow bushy, instead of stems... which I'm hoping is true and will work...

then again, my eyes are getting bad, and I could be color blind.... I've
been told that before....