Old 27-03-2006, 07:35 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default To Compost or Not to Compost

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message
In article ,
Koi-Lo wrote:

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message
In article ,
Koi-Lo wrote:
I add about 2 heaping Tbs. Potassium (for gardens) when I add the
floating
plants. That's the ONLY fertilizer I add to the pond water. Koi will
still
nibble the roots to the point where my water hyacinth doesn't thrive.

You're low on iron (+traces).

=========================
That may be but I was unable to find any liquid Iron safe for fish. I

Huh? It's all good. Even washers in the substrate will work. I do that
too.

Do you think scattering the Ironite over the thick groups of pond plants
would do the trick? It has to dissolve in the water..... They encircle 2
1/2 sides of my pond and have all grown together into one monster clump.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952