Old 27-03-2006, 01:52 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton

Default To Compost or Not to Compost

Richard Sexton wrote:

I'm not tellig you what you want or what is desirable, I'm just
telling you how things work since you had the mistaken belief
that "plants get all they need from fish waste", that's all.

There's nothing mistaken about it. My _lilies_ get more than sufficient
nutrients when kept bare root (I never once suggested _all_ plants, and in
fact have had trouble with Hyacinths specifically _because_ they can't get
everything they need in my pond, without additives). Please don't use
quotes when you're not quoting.
--
derek