Old 27-03-2006, 07:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Default What do you feed your orchids?

Beginning to show signs of life. My Oncs are putting out new pbulbs,
two Catts are also. One Catt is in recovery from a slug attack, one
just sitting around after blooming. One still in bloom in my kitchen
sink, makes washing dishes tough but the plant gets light, humidity and
is warm. That one I bought in bloom. The one that has bloomed out came
from Hawaii in bloom and this year it bloomed again, even with me
trying to learn how to keep it! Two Epis are starting to green up and
putting out new growth, these are rescuees from a neglected garden.
They are in coconut lined hanging baskets, in African Violet dirt cut
with sand. One Epi cutting from Ebay is in Jacks S\H as are all my
orchids. Everything is outside under a big bush that scatters the
afternoon sun. When it gets hot I have a mister to help cool them.
Some if not all my posts are for review as this sounds easy from the
instructions but, it ain't easy! Except for the fact that orchids grow
and die slowly I would be out of the game! ;-))
Joe T
Baytown, TX.