Old 27-03-2006, 08:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Aaron Hicks

Default Book --An Enthusiasm for Orchids--

I may be biased in that I helped with the book in some small way
(my name is in there as having helped with locating some obscure
information), but it's really very good. Dr. Alcock is a professor at
Arizona State who specializes in animal behavior; extended to the "hammer
orchids" of Australia, he turned some sabbatical time into a book on the
subject of insects and their interactions with orchids.

It's a highly recommended read, and the professor writes a heck of
a good piece. He's spoken to our orchid society twice (once before and
once after publication of his latest book), and his presentations were
wonderful.

Dr. Alcock has also written several other books, including texts
on sociobiology and animal behavior. Good stuff.

The address in the header is not valid. Send no email there.

-AJHicks
Chandler, AZ