Old 27-03-2006, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
richard_b

Default Liquid fertiliser for aquatic plants?

http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Fertilizer/

This is an article at the Krib about PMDD - Poor Mans Dosing Drops - a home
brew of nutrients used in place of commercial fertilizers - easy to
manipulate to suit your particular tanks requirements, and a lot cheaper
than sticking to commercial brews

"muddyfox" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Well, I finally got my planted tank set up and I'm now onto thinking
about some fertiliser for it. Can anyone recomend some good products
(both macro and micro nutrients) which I could use? (Available to the
UK would be absolutely fantastic ) Also, if anyone has any good
hints and tips I would really value some advice on general
fertilisation as the most I've ever done before has been trace elements
and iron.

Tank set up is:

2ft x 1ft x 15" tank with 55watts T5 daylight, DIY CO2, basic filter
and heaterstat and ADA aquasoil over mulm and peat. I have no fish and
will be doing a fishless cycle before adding them (using NH3). I'm
looking at adding White Cloud Mountain MInnows and Pygmy Corydoras.

Thanks in advance,

Muddy