Old 27-03-2006, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default The last F****** straw

"MadCow" wrote in message
In message . com, fingers
writes
Hi All,
The bloody squirrel has just destroyed all of my crocuses. It is the
last straw.
Where can I get a very inhumane trap that will kill the little B******
I saw a site last year that had recipes and lots of info against the
damn American T**** and links to very savage looking effective traps
but I can't find it at the moment.

Any answers?
p.s. I want something that will slaughter the damn yanks with extreme
prejudice.

www.deathtogreysquirrels.co.uk ?

My suggestions, both tried and tested:

1) Buy a "humane" cage trap for a tenner off the internet. Make sure it
protects your fingers when handling the trap with a squirrel in.
When you catch a squirrel, simply drop cage and squirrel into your water
butt.

Oh dear, oh daer, oh dear, let us hope that no one from the Screws of the
World reads this group, as you will be beaten to death by the reporters who
villified the gardeners at Buck House some years ago, when they were
depatching the damned things using this method.

But this is the way I deal with the buggers.

2) If that's not enough fun, hang a bird feeder with peanuts where the
squirrels can get at it. Stand a dustbin underneath with 18" water in the
bottom. Attach a cord to the feeder and in through a window.
When a squirrel's busy with the peanuts, jerk the cord so it falls into
the water.

That's a good idea, must try that one.

Once dead, grey squirrels are good eating: you can find recipes on Yank
foodie sites, try a Google on "Brunswick stew".

I must have despatched about 80 or so by now, but never really found one
with enough meat on it to make it worth while.

Alan