Old 27-03-2006, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Manure - Any tips?

Sacha wrote:
[...]
Thanks, Janet. I think anyone wanting to use cow manure on veg patches
might want to find out exactly what the vaccine consists of and how
long it takes to 'disappear'. Perhaps DEFRA could help. Cough.

Vaccination works by stimulating the production of antibodies in the
bloodstream, so I can't see what harm it could do even if some of these
antibodies had got into the dung. It's completely different from
chemicals, such as worm-killers, intended to operate through the gut.

--
Mike.