Old 27-03-2006, 09:45 PM posted to rec.ponds
Richard Sexton

Default To Compost or Not to Compost

In article ,
wrote:
there is something about moss .... my DH loves the moss too, so he took a little
pinch and put it on the side of the pond where the water splashes and now there is a
nice little pillow of it there too. Ingrid

Moss is my secret weopan. Any tank with moss has a hard time growing alage. I've
experiemented with all sorts of plants tryiong to keep betta jars cleanm longer
and noting works like moss. I suspect if you threw a garbage bag of the stuff
into a pond it owuld have a dramatic effect of water clarity. It sure works
that way in aquaria.

In Asis the moss that grows around ponds is the stuff we grow in fishtanks. It
even grows in lawns there.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net