Old 28-03-2006, 02:32 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Algae from He**

plan to try and counter this by feeding some of my downspout water as a
flush. Has anyone tried this tactic?Steve

Wasn't it just last week we had another thread going about this?

All pretty negative. Anything on the roof gets washed in, pH is usually
acidic and has no buffering, so you'd be reducing your buffering in the
pond.

I think, in the long run, it would feed the algae. Algae floats in the air,
gets caught in rain drops, and that's one of the ways how it finds a clean
pond in the first place. If the water is clear, do more shading, shade
cloth above it, water lilies on the surface. You don't happen to have any
pictures you can put on the web or send to me in an E, do you? ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a