Old 28-03-2006, 06:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Andrew

Default Book --An Enthusiasm for Orchids--

Aaron,
I'm interested in getting this book for my orchid society's library but
I can't find a copy (except online) to judge how appropriate it would
be. What's the focus of the book? From the editor's review I assume it
focuses on the evolution of insect pollenation with respect to orchids
that employ pseudocopulation, particularly those from WA. Is it
primarily aboutorchid/pollenator relationship between Drakaea and
thynnine wasps or does it extend to other genera of Australian orchids?
Is it just about pseudocopulation or does it extend to other mechanisms
of pollenation. To what extent would you call it an orchid book (or is
it an insect/evolution book that just uses orchids as an example). If
you could shed any light on this it would be much appreciated.
Andrew