Old 28-03-2006, 06:03 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Watercress

"Gareee©" wrote in message

The uv filter I bought a few weeks ago though is the best investment in
the pond I think I've made. (Other then of course, the liner.. LOL!)

========================
You are going to LOVE these UV lights. I've already had so much trouble
with algae that I put my Tetra-UV on the 800g pond already. It was clear in
less than a week. I have a nasty green "slimy" algae this time. It's gross
and clogs up the filter intake and is like large globs of slimy glop when I
dump it out of my mulm net.... UGH! :þ

We're getting runoff in this smaller pond and plan to redo the berm (which
is collapsing) with concrete like we did the larger pond last year.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952