Old 28-03-2006, 07:18 AM posted to rec.ponds
Gareee©

Default Watercress

"Koi-Lo" wrote in message

"Gareee©" wrote in message

The uv filter I bought a few weeks ago though is the best investment in
the pond I think I've made. (Other then of course, the liner.. LOL!)

========================
You are going to LOVE these UV lights. I've already had so much trouble
with algae that I put my Tetra-UV on the 800g pond already. It was clear
in less than a week. I have a nasty green "slimy" algae this time. It's
gross and clogs up the filter intake and is like large globs of slimy glop
when I dump it out of my mulm net.... UGH! :þ

Only downside is that now I can see the junk on the bottom, and I want to
use the wetvac on it. Since we got colder temps again, I figured I'd give
the fish a rest for a while. There's not a lot, but enough that I think it
should be removed.. the algae "hair" though I can now see is on all the
pots, and hoses going into the pond, and they need cleaning off as well.

I *really* tried natural methods, but I should have bought the uv filter
years ago!

--
Gareee©
(Gary Tabar Jr.)