Old 28-03-2006, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Seedlings very leggy...

Broadback wrote:
It is like a lot of instructions, very difficult to follow. Place in
dark until germination, fine except they will not all germinate
simultaneously. So if you leave them in the dark until they all
germinate the earliest are too leggy. The answer is of course, the
difference between myself (instructions must be obeyed at all times) and
a skilled gardener, who knows exactly when to move them into the light,
enter Sacha et al, takes a bow! :-)

I've sowed veges and flowers since I'm big enough to hold a pot and
some seeds. I have never ever placed my seeds in the dark.