Old 28-03-2006, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Most useful books for RHS Cerificate in Horticulture Exam ?

Liam wrote:
Hello! Just wondering what books those who have just completed the
exam found the most useful. Should be sitting it next year.

I've found Peter Dawson's Horticulture student handbook brilliant. It
follows the curriculum of the RHS, maybe not in the same order but
covers it all. Also I read everything I find on horticulture - from
mags to books, columns in newpapers ect. I very much enjoy 'The Garden'
mag but don't like at all Gardener's World. I have enjoyed An Ear to
the Ground - Garden Science for Ordinary Mortals by Ken Thompson. This
was to relax and humour me a little. I recommend it 100%. Finally
reading/contributing to a newsgroup is a good way of learning too )