Old 28-03-2006, 06:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
zxcvbob

Default Direct sowing onions in the North

Most of my garden is still frozen muck, but the 2 raised beds are thawed
(but very cold) and dry enough to plant. I am not sure when the average
last frost date is, but I'm sure it's still over a month away.

I ordered some onion and shallot seeds, and they got here yesterday.
Should I plant them indoors and set them out in early May, or sow them
direct in the garden?

Also, can I sow peas now or do I need to wait another 3 weeks?

I usually only grow warm-season crops, but I'm ready to get started. :-)

Thanks,
Bob, in Zone 4