Old 28-03-2006, 05:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Jack

Default What do you feed your orchids?

You might be able to help your outside orchids by throwing slugg bait,
or planting marygolds (sluggs are supposed to be repelled by them) or
planting sacifical plants (not to close, don't want the orchids eaten
too)

I'm growing mine in S/H inside in a wire shelving unit (like in
restraunt kitchens) under light in plastic because I live in Alaska and
humidty is hard to keep above 25% with a humidfier.

That being said my wife is waiting for me to build another unit or
green house or something because she figures that I'll find another
orchid that I "have to have" and I'm out of space.

S/H is fun because you can play a bit more with the plant and see the
roots. Though I was thinking that the way you made the pots would be
good for display, as S/H isn't the most attractive potting arangement

Jack