Old 29-03-2006, 12:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

Default What do you feed your orchids?

Yes, epiphyllums do great in S/H.

I got a cutting from my Mom - which was a cutting from a plant I had in
college many, many moons ago - and literally jammed it into the medium. In
a few weeks it started growing, and now I have to cut that sucker back!

"jtill" wrote in message
oups.com...
Do you have any Epiphyllums in SH? I have some wild ones (supposedly)
in violet dirt and sand and am starting two Epis that I got off Ebay.
The Ebay cuttings are in SH but those things grow so slowly that it
will take a long time to prove the concept. Ray at Firsr Rays said that
Epis do very well in SH, we'll see ;-)). Read on one "Master Gardener"
site that the cuttings should be planted up side down. Well, will try
that later. Right now I am looking for a compost activator to make a
tea for feeding my plants.
This forum has been a real help in learning about orchid culture. I
also do roses and that forum has been great, as well as those on
GARDENWEB. Years ago the rec.garden.roses was real active but the
Flamers ruined it. Never has fully recovered, a real shame. Some little
ole sweetheart would ask a question and be attacked for DAYS! Anyway,
thanks for the chat.
Joe T
PS; For some time I failed to find my old posts and the replies, but
have found that doing a search for my name brings up my old posts
easily. Now I can find answers to my questions! The Instructions should
note that.