Old 29-03-2006, 04:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dwayne

Default Semi Dwarf fruit tree spacing

I ordered 10 different dwarf/semi-dwarf fruit trees after moving here (4
apples, 2 pears, 2 peaches,and two cherries), and the instructions said put
them 10 to 15 ft apart. If they try to bother each other, you can always
prune them in a way to control how they grow. I think your spacing will be
fine.

Dwayne

"Zootal" nousenetspam at dead ice dot us wrote in message
I have about a dozen "semi-dwarf" fruit trees, each planted 12 feet apart.
Does anyone have experience with such trees? Did I plant them too close
together?

Also, when initially planting them as bare root trees, how severely should
they be pruned? And once they start to bud out, is it too late to prune
them?