Old 29-03-2006, 05:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7

Default rot rot rot

Well I like Brandy & hate beer!
Also use a bottle for my hair. *g*
Not sure about the gender thing, I use both but have not used a bleach/water mixture
directly on my plants! (Although some of them look like it!)
I use Physan a lot.
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Diana Kulaga wrote:
I can't say I *prefer* either of them, really. It just seems to me
that the bleach odor dissipates more quickly than the Physan, which I
can smell for a week. And that's outside!

Hmm. Men like Physan, women like bleach. Well, I'm not a natural
reddish haired person, for whatever that's worth!

Diana

"V_coerulea" wrote in message
Admittedly it's an unsignificant sample, but my wife too prefers
bleach which is what lead to my speculation.
Gary

"V_coerulea" wrote in message
I prefer the scent of Physan too. Wonder if it's a male thing, or if
bleach is a female thing?
Gary

"Ray" wrote in message
Yep. I did so for years until I bit the bullet and bought the
Physan, which has a scent that - unlike Diana - I prefer to bleach.

"unknown" wrote in message
thanks all for the addt'l advice--didn't know that about the
copper. ray--can the bleach solution be used on the plants
themselves? jack--i'm also on wire racks over pyrex baking dishes of water. a
shot of bleach in the water in the dishes keeps the algae down
(or at least turns it colorless. of course, i don't know what
it would do to rubber....)

--j_a

(and the Br Lancer has not fallen over dead yet--in fact, it may
be my imagination but i think it's looking slightly better.)