Old 29-03-2006, 08:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

Default rot rot rot

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 08:47:44 -0800, "wendy7"
wrote:

Dear j_a,
Not sure how many orchids you have but if you are growing inside then
it shouldn't be that many. How big of an area do you have? It needs to be
cleaned, wiped down from top to bottom.
Now I would move everything, saucers, trays, pots, tags etc., wash in a
bleach/vinegar solution 1/2 cup ea. to a gal of water.
Repot everything before returning plants to the growing area. I spray any
plant I repot with Physan/water.
Not sure of the best potting mix for indoors but it seems like most inside
growers water too often! I would use some horticultural charcoal in the mix.
Lots of luck,

With Rot - I just water with H2O2 until it is fixed. Either gone or
keiki to grow. The bit of rot that gets hit the second time you wash
it down was not the same as you hit the first time.

But I also use Physan in the gh and only spray with bleach if I can
stand to loose the clothing I am wearing to bleach spots.

Good Luck.