Old 29-03-2006, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Seedlings very leggy...

wrote:
Thanks. I need to pop into B&Q on the way home tonight anyway so will
buy another smaller propagator and start of soem more toms. I'll leave
the others in with the basil as a comparison.

How long have your toms taken to come through ?

If you mean ours, they were showing in about a week, I think. BUT,
you shouldn't take that as a comparison for your own. Ours are on a
heated propagating bench and are regularly misted from an automatic
sprinkler system. My husband always says, when people compliment him
on his success rate at propagating things, that with his years of
experience and the equipment he has, it would be pretty poor if he
*didn't* get it right most of the time! He reckons that most
gardeners, using a greenhouse and without heated propagating benches
might not see propagation for two weeks or longer. You really are
doing fine and you're doing the right thing in starting some more toms.
Are you by any chance going to ask for a greenhouse for your
birthday? ;-))
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk