Old 29-03-2006, 11:59 PM posted to aus.gardens
danako

Default JACARANDA Tree

Hi, was wondering if any can help, there is a jacaranda tree next door
its 4-5m heigh and 1m away from our sewerage pipe. We have been havong
plumbing issues for ages and have talked to the neighbours and they
just do not care. I was wondering how big the roots would be as afte a
$900 camera man came and he said that the roots are cracking the pipe,
then tried to charge $16,000 to replace the pipe. So I have no faith in
the camera plumber (sorry plumbers), can anyone tell me what I should
do? Contact council or start digging or can they trim the jacaranda to
make the roots grow slower? Please help.
Danako