Old 30-03-2006, 01:38 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jock

Default JACARANDA Tree

I would suggest the plumber may be a bit keen for the money.
The tree is not a good choice where it is and I think your neighbours might
like a look at the tree roots as you dig them out of the hole. Get a
plumber in and get the tree out. Poison the tree parts that are in your
yard at least, Jaca's don't stop growing for any small reason - my parent's
garage floor was lifted up by one, the 2 stroke solution sorted that one
out.
Away from things that can be lifted, blocked, broken and showered with the
tiny leaves is the best place for them. Buy your neighbours a pot plant as
a replacement. I suspect their lack of concern is inversely proportional to
their fear of the cost of their tree being taken out at their expense.
Jock

oups.com...