Old 29-03-2006, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NC

Default mulch for Akebia and Nelly Moser

I have now planted the Akebia and the Nelly Moser against next door's
garage wall. In doing this, I had to remove at square of turf at each
planting location. Although the plants are looking good (making their
way up the trellis he kindly allowed me to screw to the brickwork), the
ground where they are planted looks messy. I am planning to add a
decorative mulch around the bases. Is there anything I should avoid ??
Would I do any harm by using gravel / stones / slate chippings etc ??
How about bark chippings ?