Old 29-03-2006, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Richard Brooks

Default Composting poultry feathers

The Invalid wrote:
On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 08:54:05 +0100, Richard Brooks
wrote:

James Fidell wrote:

My previous posting reminded me...

Is there any reason I shouldn't just dump feathers from chickens
I've plucked on the compost heap? There must be something I can
do with them other than making a very unpleasant-smelling bonfire.

James

Put them in a grille-fronted box, hang that on a tree and watch them
disappear!

Richard.

Every bird in the area will love you

I tore the feathers off a duster which made quite a pile (atchoo) but
after getting used to the new box, they tore into it like - well - birds!

Richard.

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea --
massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a